Satoko (Mitani) Gibbs
Areas of Expertise
- Improving individual and organizational problem solving skills.
- Enhancing leadership skills for hi-potential leaders
- Improving interpersonal relationship skills and personal impact
- Enhance cultural intelligence
- Organizational development and team building
- ACC, International Coach Federation. (Founding member of HK chapter)
- Master NLP Coach
- Master NLP practitioner
- MBTI administrator
- Member of HK International Coaching Community
- Trained by Marshall Goldsmith for executive coaching
- Trained by Peter Rosinski for Cross Cultural Coaching
Satoko has over 20 years of experience in corporate strategy and in management in Japan, US and HK. She is one of a few Japanese female executive who worked both in Japanese and global organizations from strategy to implementation in cross-cultural situations.
As an executive coach and trainer, she works with senior executives and high potentials to unleash their ability to produce results, and to grow to the next level leadership.
Satoko’s corporate background included Shiseido, as CEO and chairwoman of their 100 % acquired subsidiary in New York; she re-built the values and mission of the company, its’ overall strategy while set clear KPIs for operational excellence. The Company grew its ranking by 5 in 2 years with increased profitability. She also served as an executive officer at Oracle Japan, a listed subsidiary of Oracle Corporation and listed company at Tokyo Stock Exchange. She was in charge of corporate planning and the first female executive officer in Oracle Japan.
Her earlier career was at the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, Ltd and at Mckinsey and Co, where she gained extensive experience in corporate finance and management consulting.
Satoko lives in Hong Kong with her husband and 2 year old daughter.