Areas of Expertise
- Leadership and management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Team building for multinational teams
- Executive coaching
- Communicating with impact
- Certified in DiSC® Classic and also Everything DiSC®, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and also Keirsey Temperament Sorter.
- Successfully completed 116-hour CTI Co-Active coaching course as well as the ORSC (Organization Relationship Systems Coaching) course.
- Toastmaster’s Competent Communicator
Yasue Watanabe’s personal mission is to “help struggling-yet-passionate professionals reach break-through performance, especially in global settings.” Leadership training and coaching are the fuel for her life. Her primary focus is on improving people’s impact when communicating professionally.
Prior to her career as a learning facilitator and coach, she worked for AMC Entertainment International, Inc. for seven years. She first reported directly to two executive vice presidents assigned from headquarters to set up and run the Japanese branch and theatres, and later served under two different presidents of AMC Entertainment’s Japanese subsidiary. She rose to
become the first female director of the Fortune 1000 subsidiary.
While at AMC, she managed the accounting, finance, and general administration as Director of Accounting, with 10 direct reports under her supervision. She also created and delivered training on financial reporting to over 40 theatre mangers.
Before her career with AMC, she had worked for entrepreneurial companies, where she discovered her strong passion for leadership in business and recognised the unique impact each individual makes.
On a personal side, Ms. Watanabe is a mother of two sons. She visits her extended family in California twice each year. Her exchanges with professionals and working parents in California provide additional insights and new perspectives that she brings into her facilitation work.