Satoko (Mitani) Gibbs
Areas of Expertise
- Improving individual and organizational problem-solving skills
- Enhancing leadership skills for high-potential leaders
- Improving interpersonal relationship skills and personal impact
- Enhancing cultural intelligence
- Organizational development and team building
- ACC, International Coach
- ICF accreditation (PCC)
- Federation (Founding member of HK chapter)
- Master NLP Coach
- Master NLP practitioner
- MBTI administrator
- Member of HK International Coaching Community
- Trained by Marshall Goldsmith for executive coaching
- Trained by Peter Rosinski for Cross-Cul
Satoko has over 20 years of experience in corporate strategy and management in Japan, the US and Hong Kong. She is one of a tiny group of Japanese female executives who has worked in both Japanese and global organizations at a very senior level. She is therefore very adept at working in challenging cross-cultural situations.
As an executive coach and trainer, Satoko works with senior executives and high potentials to unleash their ability to produce results and grow to the next level of leadership.
Satoko’s corporate background includes working as CEO and Chairwoman for Shiseido and their 100 % acquired subsidiary in New York. While at Shiseido Satoko re-built the values and mission of the company, its overall strategy and set clear KPIs for operational excellence. The Company went up in ranking by 5 in 2 years with increased profitability under her leadership.
Satoko also served as an executive officer at Oracle Japan, a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation and listed company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. She was in charge of corporate planning and the first female executive officer in Oracle Japan.
Satoko’s earlier career was at the Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, Ltd and at Mckinsey and Co, where she gained extensive experience in corporate finance and management consulting.
Satoko lives in Hong Kong with her husband and 2-year-old daughter. She spends a lot of time in Tokyo and sits on a number of Boards.